Saturday, November 10, 2012

Gratitude Challenge: Day 7, 8, 9, & 10.

As usual, I've fallen behind.  But I'm catching up today, because I want to finish this thing!  So here it goes:

Day 7
I'm thankful for a car that runs well, is reliable, nice looking, and has plenty of room for my family.  It's not brand new, and doesn't have the latest and greatest in technology (although my girls think the digital temperature display is pretty awesome!), but we are comfortable in it and the payment is affordable.

Day 8
I'm grateful for my talents.  I'm not going to list them here.  I'm thankful that I enjoy doing so many things and that I have skills in so many areas.  It makes my life fuller and more fulfilling.  I'm thankful for the people in my life who have taught and encouraged me to develop in many directions.  Not only have I learned so much, I've made wonderful friends along the way.

Day 9
I feel incredibly grateful for my husband.  He works two jobs in order for us to pay our bills and have a little extra for the necessities of life.  He listens when I call him with the inane workings of my day, or my stressed-out rants.  He supports and encourages me in whatever I do, and always tells me that I'm pretty, that I'm a wonderful mother, a good cook, and an example of service to others.  We've been married almost 10 years.  Sometimes it feels like much longer, sometimes much shorter.  But whatever it feels like, there's always contentment and happiness in knowing we will be together forever.

Day 10
I'm grateful for my faith in God and Jesus Christ.  These are turbulent and difficult times for every one.  I go from feeling comfort and peace about the future to feeling the need to make preparations for various possible scenarios.  Yesterday was a hard day, and I spent most of it depressed.  But as I fell asleep last night, these words came to mind: "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear."  (D&C 38:30)  I read the entire section this morning, and found more understanding and motivation than I've felt in the last few days.  This doesn't mean I won't feel moments of panic or negativity.  But I can always go back to what I know it true.  God and Jesus never change, and they always have our best interests at heart.  That is what matters more than any possible catastrophe.

No comments: