I'm grateful for Primary. Primary is the LDS (Mormon) church's name for the children's Sunday school program. Today, there was a meeting that they wanted all of the women to attend. So the dads were recruited to take over for us the final hour of church. As I sat downstairs trying desperately to look like I was paying attention, I was really listening to all of the fun and singing going on right above us in the Primary room, and wishing I could be there instead of stuck in an uncomfortable chair in a room full of grown ups.
I'm so thankful that I get to work with the children and learn the gospel, sing the songs, and be with my own children at the same time. I come home tired most Sundays, but I wouldn't trade working in Primary for any other job in my church.
No comments:
Post a Comment