Today, I am thankful for grandparents. My daughters have wonderful grandparents. We live with one set, and are only a 30 minute drive from the other. Grandparents can have a very special connection to their grandchildren, and I am grateful for the effort the grandmothers and grandfathers put into the positive relationships with my girls. It's important and necessary.
I am also thinking about my own grandparents. I really knew my mother's parents well. They lived in our neighborhood and I could ride my bike to their house in about 3 minutes. My Grampa, Joe Paron, who would have been 100 years old today. Before he died more than 10 years ago, I had the opportunity to record his life history--an experience I will never forget. I also had the blessing of caring for him for the last few weeks of his life. It was hard to let him go, but I know that there were many people waiting for him, including his loving and devoted wife, my Gramma, Hilda. Not a day goes by that I don't miss them both. I look forward to the day when our family will be reunited for eternity.
Thank you to all of the grandparents I know. You make a difference for your grandchildren, even if you don't realize it.
No comments:
Post a Comment