Saturday, November 3, 2012

Gratitude Challenge: Day 3

Today I am thankful for family and good friends.  For the last four years, my mom and I have planned a Dia De Los Muertos or Samhain dinner party near Halloween and All Saints Day.  This year was a DDLM year, and it was wonderful.  The food was delicious, and the company was stimulating.  It was even more special because my brother, Erik, and his girlfriend, Sandy, are here visiting.  We ate dinner, then each of us shared a funny or poignant memory of someone we knew who has passed away.  I really enjoyed myself, and am grateful for the people I have met while living here who have enriched my life in many different but important ways.

Afterward, I laid in bed with my girls and read a Mr. Putter and Tabby book we've never read before.  It doesn't get much better than this.

1 comment:

me said...

Love it! Glad you had a wonderful evening.