Friday, November 2, 2012

Gratitude Challenge: Day 1 & 2

I've noticed that many of my Facebook friends are listing one thing every day for which they are thankful.  This is a good idea, but I'm going to do it here instead because 1. It's been far too long since I've posted on my blog--and I really miss it, and 2. Facebook is a much more public forum than this blog.  I have readers (thanks to both of you) who will see this, but it's really mainly for me.  Unfortunately I'm already behind, so today's post will be a double dose of gratitude.

Day 1:
I am thankful to live in such a beautiful part of the greatest nation on the earth.  In the morning, I look out the window and I can see bright orange and yellow leaves against a steel grey sky.  Yes, it rains a lot, but it makes everything so green and verdant, even in the darkest months of the year.  If I listen closely throughout the day, I can hear my next door neighbor's chickens clucking.  I am able to go to the water, to the mountains, to a big city, to a farm, to visit most of my family, all within an hour's drive from where I live.

Day 2:
I'm thankful for the good health that we have as a family.  My girls are very healthy most of the time, and they are healthy eaters.  David and I are also rarely sick, and none of us have thus far had any accidents or serious illnesses.  I am also grateful for access to good medical care when we need it.  I really like my daughters' pediatrician, and I feel like he takes a personal interest in their overall health and well being even though he doesn't see them often because they are so healthy.  Does this count as 2 things I am thankful for?  It doesn't matter.  There's no such thing as an overabundance of gratitude, in my opinion.

No comments: