Friday, June 20, 2008

Keeping it Real

I forgot about my usual gratitude post yesterday. Actually, I didn't forget--I did think about it, but because I'm in Tacoma taking care of my brother, niece, two cats, and a dog (in addition to my own kids), I just didn't get a chance to do much of anything. Here was my "To Do List" for Thursday:
  1. Take parents to train station to embark on the "10th Anniversary Trip" to the Oregon coast.
  2. Get kids fed, dressed, and interested in something so I can feed the animals in peace.
  3. Feed animals, but with lots of "help" from Amy, who felt that the cat litter box was her personal sandbox. Fortunately, the cats haven't been using it as of late.
  4. Lunch for all, and preparation for naptime, which Lucy and Aiyanna (niece) rebelled and wouldn't sleep.
  5. Take Lucy for dentist appointment.
  6. Make dinner, which no one would eat everything I prepared, except for me, who really doesn't need the extra fat and calories.
  7. Feed animals again, try to prevent Amy from playing in the cat box, fail miserably, but at least animals are fed.
  8. Get kitchen cleaned up from dinner (thanks to hubby for washing pots and pans while I did the other stuff).
  9. Take dog and kids for walk, pick up one pile of dog stuff, gag slightly, but manage to keep it together long enough to drop bag in someone else's garbage can.
  10. Get kids dressed for bed, do the potty-hands-teeth routine, come up with healthy snack AFTER teeth were brushed, read books, say prayer, put kids in bed.
  11. Feed cats one more time, assure dog that "mom and dad" WILL come back, change light bulb in lamp, potty-hands-teeth for myself, get into bed.
  12. Wake up several times during night to let cats in and out, get drink for coughing Amy, investigate noise in kitchen (Ben, my brother, getting a bowl of cereal at 2:30 AM).
Needless to say, I'm grateful, but I'm exhausted. So please forgive me for taking the easy road out yesterday/today and just focus on surviving until Sunday afternoon. I'll post once I get back home. First baby-doctor appointment on Tuesday morning. More about that when it's over.

Gina

4 comments:

Braden said...

But were you grateful that Amy had a sandbox to play in?

Gina said...

Uh...grateful only that the "sand" was corn-based, and not those little rocks with chemicals to make them smell good. Thanks to my mom for her little attempts at being "green".

Braden said...

green corn? Yuck!

Anna said...

Oh Gina...you are forgiven for missing the post, but I liked last weeks too!