Stuck in the middle of a big, old rut. I know that the faithful readers of this post understand that with two little ones, I'm fairly busy. In fact, I run faster and work longer than I ever did when I had a full time job. However, this only accounts for about 35% of my lack of posts. I CAN make the time to post. The other 65% can be attributed to not having anything to post. My days are filled with the same mundane tasks--laundry, cooking, dishes, cleaning, chasing kids, damage control--why write about it?
I suppose I could take a cue from my pal, Anna, who devotes one post every Thursday to write about what she's grateful for. I could do that. I should do that.
Also, I guess that not every post has to be about what we're up to, because, as I've just explained, we appear to be boring. I could put up a link to my favorite commercial from Las Vegas. Funny stuff. To me, anyway. I could also annouce that through some small miracle, I've been able to comfortably wear my wedding ring for the first time since I was pregnant with Lucy. (This is big news, people!) I could comment on how lame the weather is today...not cold and rainy enough to stay inside, but too cold and rainy to play at the park or take a stroll around the block. Come on, Mother Nature! It's JUNE already! The high today is 52 degrees. There are caves warmer than that.
Okay, enough. I'm not one to complain, especially when I'd rather be in 52 degrees than 92 degrees, and I really don't mind the rain.
So, in closing, although I always make the promise that I will post more often to keep things up-to-date, I've decided to just admit that the motivation to write is somewhat stifled by my list of responsibilities, and that I truly can't promise anything to you, dear readers. Just know that I feel incredibly guilty for seeming to abandon this blog and then come back to it over and over again. I am, though, going to borrow Anna's idea and do a "Thankful Thursday" post every week.
Stay with me! There's lots of excitement just around the corner...and I'll be just as surprised as you are when I get there.
Gina
1 comment:
Yay! A post. I was gonna send you a message today and see how all is going! Sounds like my life at this point in time. Im a dead blogger lately too, I forgot that this growing a baby business is hard work!
Post a Comment