Life has been hectic around here, at least for me. We've been in and out of town the last three weeks, and it's not going to slow down any time soon. As you well know, my last few posts did not include any pictures. This is due to my extreme laziness in not uploading them from the camera to the computer. Well, I've remedied the situation, and I am fully prepared to share many pictures. But how about an update first, and the pictures at the end? No? Well, too bad. This is my blog, and no one is around to post except for me, so we're doing it my way.
What's new for David: The job search continues. He's applied for a few positions that would be right in line with what he'd really love to do, which is TEACH--not BABYSIT. One of these positions would be with the Washington State Courts, and the other is for State Farm Insurance. Both of these organizations are extremely slow moving. The actual closing date for both of these jobs isn't for another 10 days or so, and by then, who knows what other jobs will be available? With his background in teaching as well as his work with developmentally disabled adults, it was recommended to him to look into jobs with the Department of Social and Health Services. Last week he spent most of a day making contact with people at the offices of the jobs he's already applied for, as well as stopping by DSHS and speaking with their HR person about potential positions there. Progress, progress.
What's new for Lucy: She has been enjoying the library's Summer Reading Program. They've got tons of activities and story times, as well as all the reading we do here at home. She's had fun playing with her cousins the last few weeks, and can't wait to have a sleep over at Grandma P's house in another week or so. (No, this is not a hint, she's already been invited.) A week ago Saturday, we headed out to the ocean with some friends of ours who have a daughter Lucy's age. They had a lot of fun together, but when Lucy learned that her friend, Amber, was going to New York with her mom to help her aunt with a new baby, Lucy begged to be able to go with them. "PLEASE, Mom! I NEED to go to 'Yew Nork'. Buy me a ticket...PLEASE!" Fortunately, Amber and her mom will be back in another week, and we won't hear any more about "Yew Nork". Now that the weather is nicer, I want to get her out for walks and bike rides. She's such a homebody, and I think the activity would be good for her. She does love to draw and pretend, too though, and I certainly don't want to take her away from those things. She and I also have a few craft projects to work on, including a pine cone wreath that we've been collecting pine cones for for almost 6 months. One of these days we'll make it happen!
What's new for Amy: Amy is getting busier every day. And by busier, I mean more annoying. Just kidding. But she is into every little thing, and I have a hard time keeping up with my regular chores because I'm constantly cleaning up after her. She says more words every day. When she asks for something, she uses the word "need". As in "NEED milk!" and "NEED chips!" and "NEED baby!" We NEED to have a little talk about the difference between needs and wants, apparently. It's cute, really. What I love is that we're able to understand her more and more everyday. She's also becoming increasingly interested in using the potty. This is good news! Even if she isn't completely trained by the time the next one shows up, we'll be very close. I think she'll be a champion potty user fairly soon, though.
What's new for me: I've scheduled my ultrasound for the 24th of July. At my last check-up, the doctor examined things and said, "How sure are you about your dates?" Well, I'm fairly sure, but at 15 1/2 weeks, she thought I was more like 17 or 18 weeks, so she asked me to have an ultrasound in 3 weeks instead of 5, so we can get a more accurate due date, if necessary. It could be nothing more than things are just roomy in there, thanks to Lucy and Amy, and if that's the case, then a December baby is what's in store. But if the doctor is correct, we may end up with more of a end-of-November baby, instead. It doesn't matter to me. One interesting thing that came up in my bloodwork is that I've got a lower resistance to German measles. The doctor told me that it doesn't mean anything for the pregnancy, just that I'll be given an MMR booster before I leave the hospital after the baby is born. I have to remember to ask what blood test they use to determine that. (Unless someone who reads this blog knows the answer and would care to enlighten me.)
So enough about us...here come the pictures!

Amy wearing "Crayola lipstick"

Caught "helping" unload the dishwasher

Sleeping in the heat

At the park in Raymond

Same place, different kid

Flying like "Word Girl"

Making a Sand Angel

Burying her feet

"Napping"

Patriotic girls!




No comments:
Post a Comment