Okay, the title's getting a little catchier. It's the second weekly post of what I'm grateful for. And this is good, because although I am aware of how truly blessed I am, it's nice to put it into words. So here we go.
1. I'm thankful that the weather today is supposed to get up to 60 degrees. It doesn't sound like much, but it really is. The sun is forecast to make an appearance today (how generous!), and we're heading to the park as soon as it warms up a little.
2. I'm thankful that our electricity bill went down by a little over $50 this month. What a blessing! For the months of October through May, we've paid an average of $145.75 a month to heat and light this house. Most of that goes toward heat, since we haven't a shred of insulation in these walls from 1925.
3. I'm incredibly thankful that David has only two more days left, and then he's out of public education for good! This year has been difficult, to say the least, and it's with a lot of peace and comfort that we are moving on in our lives to something better. Another benefit to finding a new career is the opportunity we will have to move closer (hopefully!) to all of our Washington relatives. We love where we live now, but we also love our family and having them close by means a lot to us.
4. I'm thankful for having a car that gets 32 miles to the gallon most of the time, and with a lot of highway driving, we've been able to coax 35 miles to the gallon out of it. The price of gas is killing us, as it is many, many others, and knowing that the car gets good gas mileage makes it a little easier for me to justify going anywhere.
5. Finally, I'm thankful for the girls. We have some tough days, but most days are wonderful. It's so fun to watch them grow and learn and interact with each other. As Amy gets older, she and Lucy play together better and better and I love that. They love to share a room, and both get worried when one or the other isn't in there with them. It's very sweet.
Well, I've got those same girls calling me, and we've got to get a little bit of work done around the house before we head to the park. I have a lot more things I'm thankful for, but for right now, I'm thankful I have something other than the computer to occupy my time.
Gina
No comments:
Post a Comment