March 14th is Pi Day. And this year it fell on a Wednesday, which is Amy's day to cook dinner. Since we had lasagna the night before, she wasn't in the mood to make pizza. Instead, she decided to go with a wonderful shepherd's pie and cheesecake pie for dessert.
Wish you could have been here to taste it! It was delicious!
3 comments:
How long have your girls been cooking and baking? I should get my kids started. I am a bit nervous having them cook. Do you supervise?
Looks really tasty Amy
They've been helping me cook and bake for a long time, but when we moved here, I decided they should each have their own night to make dinner for us. We sit down together on Friday and they decide what they want to make for the following week. Then if I don't have all of the ingredients on hand, I add them to the grocery list and we go to the store to get them.
On their day to cook, they get out their ingredients and get to work. I watch over them, giving them instructions/tips as needed. It works out pretty well, mostly!
They kids have helped for for a long time, but I haven't given them more freedom than that. You are braver than I.
I will work on that.
Post a Comment