They've planned a Mexican dinner (chicken enchiladas! YUM!) and dessert auction. The youth were asked to bring desserts, since the dinner is being prepared by CG 4th.
As many people know, Lucy is not terribly interested in anything that takes place in the kitchen--especially baking.
And those same people know that Amy is extremely interested in working in the kitchen--especially when it comes to creating delectable sweets.
What people may or may not know, however, is that Sadie loves to help, no matter what the finished product will be.
While I did not take photos of Amy and Sadie actually working on our dessert auction offerings, I did take some of what we made. There are two of each dessert, but the cost listed is per dessert. (Does this make sense?)
I'll update this post later tomorrow evening with how much each dessert sold for.
![]() |
| Silk Chocolate S'mores Pie $3.31/pie |
![]() |
| Marshmallow Crispy Squares $4.69/pan |
![]() |
| Brownies $3.16/pan |
![]() |
| Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies $2.95/box of 20 |
While Sadie, Amy, and I worked on desserts, Lucy painted. That's what she would like to offer at the auction. Here is one of her pieces.
I love it. All it needs is Mt. Rainier in the background. It reminds me so much of Washington.
More soon.
UPDATE: The auction dinner is over! Our desserts ended up being sold for $1 per slice (the s'mores pies and brownies were cut into 8 slices each; I'm not sure about the marshmallow crispy squares), so it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. No matter! Lucy sold her paintings, although I'm not sure what the final bid was. But that's exciting!
And the food was delicious! (See the picture below.)
I'm not sure how much the youth made overall, but it will help all of them with some of the money they'll need this year!
Here's what we had for dinner.
![]() |
| Chicken enchiladas! |






No comments:
Post a Comment