But this post isn't about me...
Anyway, a few weeks back, I was outside with the girls, and figured I'd do some watering while they played. Before I knew it, I heard screaming, and I rushed over to find that Sadie had fallen down the front steps, and had used her face to break her fall. This is a kid who has been navigating stairs successfully for a few months now! Well, it took awhile to get her lip to stop bleeding, and when the swelling had gone down a bit, we saw that she had chipped her two front teeth! She just barely got those in, and now they'll be chipped for the next 4 or 5 years!
I couldn't bear to take a picture of her the day it happened...she had such a fat lip and her face was all red and swollen (I think Grampa P took one, and if he thinks I should post it, I will). But here's a picture I took the following day.
It's hard to see her teeth in this picture, but here's what they look like now.
Can you see how jagged they are? Poor kid!
And then just as soon as her face was healed and back to normal, she fell down the last 4 stairs inside the house and hit her face on the floor at the bottom! I was afraid our neighbors and people at church would think we were beating her! Maybe I should make her wear a helmet. Better yet, maybe she should live in a bubble. I'm sure she gets her clumsiness from me. What can I say?
1 comment:
OH SAD!!!! You might be able to get the jaggedness (is that a word?) filed down. Mel had to for 1 of her kids for the same reason.
Anyway, I had to laugh at the Klutz part, since just earlier today I was thinking about you falling down at camp on that metal pole down at the water the year you were a leader at camp. It really wasn't funny, but the Klutzy part was. :)
Post a Comment