Thursday, May 13, 2010

Alex Found an Ant in His Cubby

I'm tired of having the first thing on my blog say "GRRRR."  So I thought I'd title this post with something Lucy told me yesterday when I picked her up from school.  She actually said that exact sentence FOUR (4) times in 30 minutes. 

I read this quote the other day:
"Listen earnestly to anything [your children] want to tell you, no matter what. If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff." - Catherine M. Wallace

And while I listened eagerly about said ant in the cubby the first 3 times, after the 4th time, I found myself telling Lucy, "I can see this was a really big deal to you today.  But now, can we please let it go?"

Is that terrible?  I hope not.  All I know is that when my kids get older, I'll tell them I'm happy to pay for therapy!

And on that note, I'll share a couple of cute pictures of Lucy.


What a pretty girl!

1 comment:

me said...

You are too funny! So you are telling me that the whole repetiton thing doesn't end when they turn 6! CRAP!!!! When Jared dwells on something MAN does he dwell on it.

That is too funny though! How many times do you think she would have said it if there had been a Kitten in the cubby and not a little ant? Wow, she would still be talking about that one at graduation!

Gotta love kids.
As for the Therapy, well my kids will have the following appointments after yours!

Cute pictures!