So I have a few minutes to sit down and write a post about Amy. I can type all I want, but all of my pictures are on a different computer, and not really accessible to me where I am right this minute. Please, no sermons about storing my pictures online...first of all, the computer where my pictures are located is backed up on a regular basis by Mozy, and if I had more time and fewer children, I might consider looking into Picasa or Shutterfly, or some other program, but the truth is, I have not enough time and the time I do have is taken up by the children. And so, to get right to the point, this post about Amy will be lacking pictures.
I am tired tonight, but not too tired to share two funny things Amy said on Sunday. The first was when she was in her Primary (Sunday school) class. She told her teacher that she wanted to go with Lucy and be in Lucy's class. When Amy's teacher was trying to explain why Amy needed to stay with her, Amy said, "Well, it isn't about you."
(When her teacher asked me where Amy heard that, I said, "I really don't know, because I've never said that to her. Later, while telling David about what Amy said, Lucy pipes in, "Oh, that's a line from 'The Incredibles'.")
The second funny thing Amy said yesterday was after dinner. She wanted another pancake and Uncle Ben said, "Amy, stop being a pig." Without missing a beat, Amy shot back, "Stop talking about yourself, Ben!"
It was hilarious (and also not very nice). But I've never seen any 3-year-old have a come back at the ready quite like that. It was impressive!
I will probably be much less impressed when the come backs are turned on me when Amy is a teenager. I'll have to have a few come back lines in my arsenal.
In the meantime, I'm just trying to keep up with her. She keeps me hopping from morning 'til night. I'm sort of excited for her to go to preschool in the fall, while at the same time I'm a little sad that she's growing up. But she needs to learn to follow directions from someone other than me, and I know she is ready for school because she begs to go every day when we take Lucy.
More about Amy soon, but for now...SLEEP!
2 comments:
That's so funny, but I cant imagine her talking. They grow to fast. Poor Dallin he is still in nursery and Im his teacher!
Those phrases she said are too funny (for now like you said.) I'm so glad to read that your 3 year old has attitude too.
I sure hope she likes school. Sounds like she is ready.
Post a Comment