Thursday, May 27, 2010

Uncle Ben

First off, I want to say that EVERYONE should have my brother, Ben, for an uncle.  Anyone who has met him knows how totally awesome and cool he is, and although he can occasionally be a "tough customer", he has an aura of gentleness about him, and a heart of gold.  Plus, he's incredibly funny, and teaches my girls how to do all kinds of nifty things like asking people to, "Pull my finger."

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I had told Lucy that I would read to her, but I was so busy that evening that I didn't know how I was going to fit it in.  My mom asked Uncle Ben if he would read to Lucy for a few minutes.  Lucy had chosen a early reader chapter book (usually 55 pages or so of text).  I am usually good for 2 or 3 chapters and then we save it for the next day.  But Ben read the ENTIRE book to her!  What a great guy!  It was really cute to see them sitting together and hear him reading to Lucy.  I just had a snap a couple of pictures.



And what better way to show her appreciation than with a friendly "noogie".

1 comment:

me said...

I don't even recognize Ben! How very sweet of him to read to her. I've always loved Ben!