Monday, November 10, 2008

Pregnancy Gratitude

This morning, I was thinking about all the complaints I have now that the baby is getting bigger. I won't list them here, because lo, they are numerous. But I also thought about all the things I am grateful for this time around...and thought I'd make a quick list to remind myself of all the great things happening right now.

First, I have had no problems whatsoever with eczema the last several months, and I've got my rosacea more under control now than ever, and all with a couple of over-the-counter products. My complexion is nowhere near perfect, but it's not quite so red and not itchy. Hooray! I know this seems silly to most people, but when you're a person who suffers from skin issues constantly, this is remarkably exciting.

Next, I am sleeping better at this point than I did with either Lucy or Amy. Yes, I have to wake up a couple of times during the night, but I can roll over from one side to the other without having to get out of bed to change positions. This makes for much better rest. I also have more energy during the day than most women at 34 weeks (whose babies are measuring 4 weeks further along!). I've been walking with my mom at night, and I feel much more flexible and in shape than if I had just been sitting around all the time.

Also, I'm especially grateful for the little-to-none weight gain this time around. Yes, the baby is bigger, and that tends to wear me out sometimes, but I know I feel better the way things are than if I had a big baby AND 35 pounds of extra weight. Plus, it's a beautiful thing to get on the scale at the doctor's office and have 3 pounds gone without a whole lot of work on my part.

Finally, I'm grateful for all of the family support I've had the last several weeks/months. Moving out of Aberdeen was stressful and tiring, but I'm very lucky to have such a large extended family on both sides who have been willing to do whatever they can to help. Everyone should be as lucky as I am.

As I head into the last few weeks of this pregnancy, I'm glad I can enjoy all of the great things that go along with having a baby, and not focus so much on all the negative parts. Pretty soon, it'll all be over, and we'll have a brand new member of the family who will get lots of love and attention from everyone in her life. I love this!

Gina

No comments: