Early Friday morning (7 AM), we loaded the kids in the car, made the quick trip down to Granmom and Grandpa E's house, and then David and I headed over to the OB office for the ultrasound/check-up. The u/s tech took a look at the baby, measured the head, belly, and femur, and declared that our little baby is in the 50th percentile for weight. She's probably weighing in around 5 lbs. 13 oz. now, and will probably be between 7 and 8 pounds at birth. Let's hope so!!! This isn't an exact science, of course, so it's anybody's best guess at this point. But we got a couple of neat pictures--even one of her face. Everything else looks great, and she's heading in the right direction.
My blood sugars have been a high the last 5 or 6 days, and I mentioned it to Dr. Bell (who has become my favorite OB, maybe because I've seen him more than I've seen the others), and he said that if I wanted to try Glyburide, I could. It's up to me though. His main concern for me is because I've been so careful to keep my levels in check, he doesn't want me to cut carbohydrates in order to keep my blood sugars below the guidelines I've been given. I already eat fewer carbs than I'm allowed so that I have a little more control, and I really don't get to eat all that many in a day anyway. So I decided to give it a try. I've only taken one dose and haven't seen much change, but maybe it takes a couple of days to get a good baseline. This means that instead of NSTs once a week, I have to have two per week. Even so, I only have 4 more weeks to go and the only annoying part is having to make the drive to Olympia twice a week for the next month.
My goal here is to have a healthy, normal-sized baby. I want as few complications as possible, and I would really love to only have to recover from either labor/delivery OR a C-section. I don't want to do both. I don't have time for both.
But honestly, I feel great! I remember being miserable by this time with Lucy and Amy, and I'm thrilled to say that I'm far from miserable. I have lots of energy (to be honest, I'm getting to the point that I need a little nap in the afternoon in order to make it to bedtime), my body feels flexible and moves easily--I can even get up off the floor fairly gracefully and without groaning, and I'm sleeping well despite waking up twice a night.
I guess now would be a good time to pack a bag, get out the car seat and swing, and see what we need to replace/buy. The only unsettled thing is the baby's name. We thought we had one, but we've since changed our minds. But there's still time!
In other news, Amy is now completely bottle-free. Sometimes she's not all that happy about using a sippy cup, but at least she's willing. Now, on to potty training.
More soon.
Gina
2 comments:
Congrats! I'm glad everything's going so well.
"The only unsettled thing is the baby's name. We thought we had one, but we've since changed our minds."
Braden might be a little bit unconventional for a girl's name, but I ran into two male Dakota's the other day, so why not join the unconventional crowd. I'm sure your husband would be delighted to honor such a worthy life of service by choosing the name Braden. And it will solve all of your marital discords by finally resolving this wedge issue.
Think about it.
Broomhilda is also a good option.
Post a Comment