...that I wasn't going to pay much attention to the news today. I don't want to hear any exit poll numbers, or listen to network news anchors feverishly call the election over when the polls here in the west are still open.
But I got to listening to Rush this morning while I was taking my oldest daughter to preschool, and he was summarizing an article in the LA Times. I came home and looked it up, and had myself a little Election Day giggle.
Take a read:
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-mood4-2008nov04,0,134513.story
Can you believe this?!
People are breaking down in tears in the streets! Others aren't sleeping. Some aren't eating. All are Obama supporters. The two obvious Republicans the LA Slime talked to were holding it together fairly well. One said his Bible study group has been praying for the end of this "bitter season". I'm with him. It has been long. And bitter. The other Republican said he doesn't think McCain will win, but is still planning to volunteer today to help get folks out to vote. Good for him.
To all those who are suffering from what one Obama supporter calls "Election OCD", and claims that many liberals are struggling with "post-traumatic stress" from the 2000 and 2004 elections, I have the following words of advice:
SUCK IT UP, PEOPLE! We live in the greatest, most powerful nation on the Earth (at least for now), and the fact that Obama supporting liberals are losing sleep over the potential outcome of this election just goes to show that liberals are too freaking emotional to make any rational decisions. YOU are the reason why our nation is on the road to ruin. To the teary-eyed resident of Denver I say: Put on your big girl panties and pull yourself together! Good gracious, woman! Either you've never had any real trauma in your life, or have never experienced child birth, because if you had, you wouldn't fall apart on a walk around the block!
If Obama manages to steal, uh, I mean WIN this election, I will have 4 words for you when you finally figure out that he's not who you thought he was. I'll smile, pat your collective hands and say, "YOU voted for him."
Gina
No comments:
Post a Comment