The cabin's kitchen had everything we needed to cook our own meals--except the food! There's one small burger place on the way out to the resort, a convenience store next to it, but no restaurants. So we stopped in Forks for vittles. We loved cooking for ourselves, and then sitting at the table watching the sea and listening to the waves.
On Sunday, we woke up early enough that it was low tide, so we drove up to the next beach and hiked the 3/4 mile down to the water. That beach was so sandy and smooth! We went to see the tide pools that were "teeming with intertidal life". I wasn't too impressed with the tide pools, but the beach was gorgeous.
La Push was a truly magical place. I've always been attracted to the sea...for me, it represents majesty, mystery, and omnipotence. (Ironically, all three of those words can be used to describe God, too.) The photos I took really don't do justice to the beauty we were surrounded by this weekend. But you can catch a small glimpse of it, I hope.
2 comments:
WOW! I'm impressed, with the nature shots and the cabin. What an awesome place. Counting the days til you can go back yet? :)
How'd you guess, Carolyn? :) I know my girls will be just as enchanted by it, and I want to take them next time we have a chance to go.
Post a Comment