Thursday, December 27, 2012

Happy Anniversary to ME!

Well, and David too.  Today we celebrated 10 years of wedded bliss.  10 years.  10 YEARS.  That's one whole decade.  1/10th of a century.  I can't think of anything I've done for the space of 10 years.  It has gone by so quickly.  This is not going to be one of those posts where I share what I've learned over the last 10 years of brushing my teeth with the same adult.  Because when it comes to knowing what makes a good marriage GREAT, I respectfully defer to my parents and parents-in-law who are much better examples of what sticking together for better or worse really means.

Instead, I share this:

After 10 years, 3 children, 3 moves, 1 career change, and several hairstyles, I can honestly say that most days are good days, and not once have we ever seriously wanted to call it quits.  That, my friends, is referred to as a SUCCESS.

Tonight, we enjoyed going to a movie and dinner sans the little nose-miners, and tomorrow we leave for a relaxing weekend in La Push.  No phones, no TV.  Just us and the wild Pacific Ocean outside our cabin.  Not a bad way to commemorate one decade of keepin' it real.  Pictures coming.  Yeah, I know, I say that all the time.

G

1 comment:

me said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!