Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas! (One Day Late)

We had a wonderful Christmas.  Every one got something they never knew they always wanted, except for Sadie who was disappointed because she did not receive a bathrobe.  And unlike previous Christmases, I did not capture one single picture of the events of the day.  One could argue that without photographic evidence, an Ellis family Christmas may or may not have actually occurred.

But I can personally verify that roast beef and Yorkshire pudding was consumed, cookies were baked and subsequently enjoyed, and Santa did, in fact, visit this house.  One thing that did not happen this year was the singing of the song "Randolph the Bow-Legged Cowboy".

I have also very much enjoyed having my Aunt Dee Dee here with us this year.  It's been too many years since we have been together at Christmas, and being able to spend it with her has made this holiday even more special.  I hope we can do this again.

I can see the New Year in the very near future, and I am looking forward to 2013 as a year filled with many good times, good memories, and a larger yield in the garden.  I hope your family has had a Christmas as marvelous/meaningful/memorable as ours.

The happiest of holidays to all of my dear readers!

G

1 comment:

me said...

I'm so glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. Well, except poor Sadie, geez she asked for a robe! I guess maybe if she starts streaking the house maybe you will all listen! :)
Merry Christmas!