Our oldest daughter turned 8 in February. I keep trying, but I can't
figure out where 8 years went. I remember bringing her home from the
hospital when she was 4 days old and couldn't imagine her ever being 8
years old. Lucy was baptized ON her birthday, just like I was. She asked me
a few questions about my baptism, and when she found out I was baptized
on my birthday, she wanted to do the same thing.
Her
baptism was really awesome. We had a short yet meaningful service, and
then almost everyone stayed for pizza, salad, cake, and cookies. So many
people came to show their love and support for Lucy. Most of her family
(on both sides) were there, and many of the people from Primary were
there as well. Even her school teacher came! That was really special
to Lucy.
She received so many gifts too! We made a list,
and I've been meaning to have her write thank you cards, but we just
haven't gotten around to it. I hope people know how grateful she is for
their thoughtful gifts and their attendance at such an important event
in her life. My one regret was not having perfect pictures. What a silly thing, especially since there were some okay ones from that day. The okay ones are below. I'll just call them "authentic". That explains everything. :)
 |
| The invitation I put together for her big day. |
 |
| Lucy and her cousin, Benny. |
 |
| Lucy, Aunt Lexie, and Baby Antonio on his due date. |
 |
| Believe it or not, THIS was the best picture of our family. |
 |
| This is most of the people who came to celebrate Lucy's special day. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
Lucy is an amazing girl. I'm so grateful to have her as one of my daughters. She is wise beyond her years, an old soul. She is loved by so many people and I feel blessed to have their positive influences in her life, and in mine.
2 comments:
Boy, David and I are looking PORTLY, aren't we? I guess 10 years of marital bliss will do that to a person. Or a couple of people. Or us, specifically. :)
You guys look great. What an awesome turn out you had. I'm so glad her special day was such a success with so many people there to show their love for her.
Post a Comment