Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why The Blog Is Going Private

Someone asked me this week why I've decided to make our family blog accessible only to my closest friends and family. I realize that in this day and age, nothing is really private anymore. But I want to make sure that I can share pictures of the girls, and stories about us without just anyone being able to stumble across this information. We live in a large community; we are not listed in the phone book. Still, I am concerned about our girls' safety, and making the blog private is one more way, in my opinion, that I can keep them away from potential hurt and harm. I am not always good about just using their initials, or not mentioning where we live, and I think that trying to be private in such a public venue stifles my creativity and, I feel, makes my entries more impersonal. Also, some of my good friends have a link to my blog from theirs, and while I don't mind this in the least, it is very easy for anyone to jump from one blog to another whether or not they know anyone on the blogroll.

So this is why I've made the decision to privatize the blog. Thank you for respecting this, and for continuing to follow along with us. I really enjoy having a place to share pictures and record memories without the pressure (and cost!) of scrapbooking and journaling. Also, since the blog is now "by invitation only", I have changed the settings for comments to allow anyone to leave a comment. So if you want to say hello, (or say how cute and wonderful my children are!) please feel free to do so without having to create an account.

Come and visit often. I will do my best to keep the pictures and commentary as up-to-date as possible!

No comments: