This morning, the phone rang, and when I answered it, the woman on the line said, "Mrs. Ellis? This is the secretary at Franklin Elementary. I just want to verify that Lucy is absent from school today."
To which I replied (while trying to keep the panic out of my voice), "No, she should be there. I dropped her off before the first bell, and watched her walk into the building before I drove away."
She said she would go and check to see that Lucy was in her classroom. While I was waiting, my mind was conjuring up every possible horrible scenario. She called back a few minutes later, explaining that Lucy WAS in the classroom, but it was the student whose name is just above Lucy's on the attendance sheet that is actually absent today. That was the only scenario I never even thought of.
Yes, I really am that paranoid.
1 comment:
I don't blame you one bit. I would have freaked out jumped into my car and started searching EVERYWHERE! Especially since I just saw The Lovely Bones. Glad she is fine and in school where she belongs.
Post a Comment