Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

In a few short hours, it will be my birthday. I am turning 32. 32, 32, 32... Where have all the years gone? When I was not quite a teenager, I had a conversation with my brother, Erik, about how old we would be in the year 2000. At that time, being 22 seemed so strange and far away. And tomorrow, I will be one decade beyond what I thought was so far away. In fact, I am closer to 40 than I am to 22...

There's just one thing to do when one comes to this sort of realization. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

me said...

Happy Birthday!
What cracks me up, is that I had that same realization about turning 40 a few days ago. I don't know why it hit so hard the other night, but I didn't like it. 40 is so old! 20 young, and really not that long ago. 30 isn't bad, I'm still 30. But, now 40 is less than 10 years away. AHHHHH! Not too cool!
Happy Birthday Gina