Thursday, April 30, 2009

Things To Do Before I Shuffle Off This Mortal Coil

I love all those euphemisms for death. Frankly, I just love euphemisms. I think "shuffle off this mortal coil" is probably one of my favorites. Let me be clear, though, I am not dying. Please don't call the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and don't send flowers. I'm not going anywhere. I've just been thinking lately about all the things I have always wanted to do, but have never had the time/money/energy to accomplish.

I figured that if I made a list, then maybe when I have time/money/energy (or two out of three), I'll start checking things off. So here it is. This is in no particular order, and is not at all a complete list.

Before I die, I'd like to...
  • ride in a hot air balloon
  • take the ski lift up to the top and back
  • volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
  • visit the places my grandparents were born
  • see the entire Smithsonian
  • take ballroom dancing lessons
  • learn a foreign language
  • renovate an older house
  • be a size 8
  • taste desserts from all over the world
  • learn to quilt
  • go back to work
  • serve a humanitarian mission
  • get a massage
  • live in a foreign country
  • take my kids to Disneyland
  • go geocaching
  • understand how the stock market works
  • write a children's book
  • learn to roller skate (or ice skate) backwards

No comments: