Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Teeth

On Monday, I took the girls to the dentist to get their teeth cleaned.  Not to brag or anything, but we came out of there without a single cavity.  We did get the "You really need to floss at least once a day." speech, but I never let that put a damper on my day.

What I love about the dental office we go to is that all 3 girls are in and out in about an hour because they have a large staff and a lot of exam rooms.  They're located about 15-20 minutes away, but it's worth the drive for me to be finished so quickly.  If there's one thing I don't love about parenting, it's waiting for 1 while I have the other 2.

The exciting news for Amy though is that she has lost one tooth, and the next one is already loose!  I've fielded several questions about The Tooth Fairy, and she is still a little nervous about losing teeth.

Sadie would hardly open her mouth for the dentist, but he was able to look inside and tell me that she was cavity-free!  Hopefully one of these days she won't find going to the dentist to be so traumatic.  Not likely, since she thinks laying down to take a nap is traumatic.

Lucy also did not have any cavities.  The dentist did notice, though, that she has a cross-bite, so she's been referred to an orthodontist.  Because it's not an emergency, we probably won't have an appointment until June or July.  Fine by me.  She just seems so young to be going to an orthodontist.

This sounds silly, but I am very grateful that we have access to regular, good-quality dental care, and that my girls have healthy teeth.  It's such a small thing, but I sure appreciate it!

1 comment:

me said...

Kudos to you and your girls!
It is always nice not having to worry about teeth. Good job!