Sadie is such a smart girl. I know every parent is supposed to say that about their children, even if the most intelligent thing those children do is drool and stare at the ceiling fan. But Sadie is truly gifted. (As are my other girls--I mean, really, where do you think Sadie got her smarts from? Besides me and David.)
Anyway, she's been on this "I want to do it myself!" kick. Lucy and Amy hit this phase too, and so far, it's one of my least favorite periods of a child's development. If you want to wear your clothes backwards and your shoes on the wrong feet, be my guest. But when I'm in a hurry, and you want to put on your own seatbelt, that's when it gets a little frustrating for me. It's not cute.
But if I'm really honest, then I have to tell you that this girl amazes me! Her thing lately is to "unlock" things with keys. She asked if she could unlock the car yesterday morning, so I handed her the key. She put it in the lock, and wiggled it a little, and then I opened the door and said, "You did it!" When I went to put her in her carseat though, she yelled, "NO!" and strained against the belts. She said, "Gimme keys, please." Because I was not in a hurry, I handed her the keys. She picked out the right one for the car, climbed into the driver's seat, stuck the key in the ignition, and tried to turn it.
HOLY COW! Scary smart.
1 comment:
That is Ally too, with the "I try," or "My turn!" I have to say though that Sadie starting the car and such, is rather impressive!
Post a Comment