What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Saturday, July 24, 2010
It's Genetic!
Anyone who knows my mom well knows that she loves to color. In fact, when my mom had surgery a few years ago, she didn't take magazines or novels to the hospital to pass the time in recovery, she took a brand new coloring book and a brand new box of 64 Crayola crayons.
I can remember being very young and my mom and I would color together. I still love to color. My mom colors with Lucy when David and I go to movies. Lucy and I color at church. (Don't tell.) Coloring is definitely in our genes!
Sadie already loves to color! She will actually sit for several minutes (and anyone who has had an 18-month old will tell you that they don't sit still for more than 30 seconds at a time!) and color or draw with a pencil and paper.
What a big girl!
P.S. Like any genetic tendency, it can skip over certain people. Amy doesn't really like to color. But she likes to do other things, like get into stuff, make messes, and be loud. But she also is very loving, compassionate, and funny. All of my girls are pretty awesome in their own ways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW! go Sadie. Like you said that is a long time for an 18 month old to focus their attention on something.
I sure do miss those kids!
They miss you too! Sadie asks me at least twice a day, "Where's Grampa?" And I tell her, "Hawaii." And then she says, "Oh."
It will be good to have you home again.
Post a Comment