Yesterday was a big day for us. I went in for my ultrasound, and I always love to do that. First, I'll give a brief report on Baby, and then I'll share what type of baby Baby will be.
There was some question about the due date--according to my dates, it would be 12/20/08), and according to the doctor, who, after feeling the size of the uterus said, "I would venture to say that you're about 2 to 3 weeks farther along than you think you are...or it's just nice and big in there thanks to Lucy and Amy." Well, yesterday confirmed that I was right all along about the dates, and that it's just pretty roomy in there. That must be why the baby was able to make a complete 360 degree rotation in just a few minutes during the ultrasound (yes, we were able to watch, and it was so cool!), and I hardly felt a thing.
In addition, the baby also spent the entire time face down, so the woman who did the ultrasound wasn't able to get a clear picture of the four heart chambers, or where the umbilical cord plugs into the baby. This means I'll be going back in a couple of months for another ultrasound to try to get a few nice, clear pictures of those parts. There are no problems whatsoever, and we were able to see both the heart and the cord site, but because of the face down position and constant movement, every picture that she tried to take was blurry.
So, in the end, what we have is a very healthy baby. And what kind of baby, you ask? Well, we are very excited to announce that THIS time, we will be having...
a girl!
This means that David will be needing someplace to go and pursue manly things...I told him that I'm going to find a way to provide him with a man's room--oak paneled walls, leather chairs, deer head over the fireplace--a place where he can smoke cigars, drink bourbon, and talk politics with the guys. Or maybe just play a couple of computer games, shoot his airsoft gun, and eat Doritos all by himself. Whatever. It's his room.
David is actually pretty happy about another girl because, as he says, "We have all the stuff." And Lucy, who we thought would be disappointed because she kept talking about a baby brother, was very happy to tell Aunt D on the phone yesterday all about our new baby girl. Amy just doesn't care. She'll be a little perturbed when Girlie 3 sweeps in here, but I think that with a little candy therapy from her Grampa P and Grampa E, she'll do just fine. As for me, I think another girl is great. We can stick them all in the same room, we DO have all the girl stuff, and I'm getting better at dealing with drama all the time.
So that's our news! You'll know more when we know more!
Gina
2 comments:
Congrats another girl, sounds like a stubborn one too!
late comment, but congratulations, we are very excited for you, and we can't wait until you decide that you are going to name her Xena, Warrior Princess.
Post a Comment