I try, I really do, but I just can't seem to find a few minutes every day to get this thing updated. I also find that because I wait so long between posts, I have to spend the first few sentences apologizing and making excuses for why I haven't written anything in so long.
Today, I have a few fun things to share, that didn't really occur to me to blog about until Amy came running into the kitchen saying, "How 'bout cereal!" Her language is really emerging by leaps and bounds, and it's so exciting to listen to her speak. She's mastered the use of "thank you", and I have to say that both my kids are quite polite for being so young. Amy has also started saying "I lub (love) you", and it just melts my heart every time she says it. She always says it with lots of feeling, and it's just so sweet.
Amy is constantly on the go, too. And I don't just mean around the house. She always wants to go somewhere, which is quite a contrast to Lucy, who never wants to go anywhere. It'll be interesting to see what kind of kid #3 turns out to be.
Lucy and David and I have been enjoying playing games together. I love that she is old enough now that we can truly enjoy a game of Chutes and Ladders, or Hi-Ho Cherry-o, or Memory, or whatever without having to remind Lucy of the rules, or taking her turn for her because she's distracted. She loves to win, and when she doesn't, there are tears and hurtful words from her for awhile. We've tried to teach her that she can't always win, that other people will win sometimes, and that's okay, but the hard thing is, she really does win most of the time, even when we're trying to not let her win so we can have a "teaching moment".
She's been a good sport about moving again though. Her biggest worry is that she won't get to see her friend Amber anymore, but we won't be that far away from Amber, who now lives about 30-45 minutes from the general area we're headed toward. David and I are good friends with Amber's mom and dad, so we're glad to be able to still see them as well.
In the meantime, we're just going through junk, packing stuff up, and getting ready to go. Somewhere between now and the end of the month, we're hoping to have a moving sale, or at least get what we don't want to take over to the "Starvation Bramie" as my dad calls it. I would love to donate this stuff to DI, but the closest drop spot is more than an hour away, and the point of selling/donating before we move is so we don't have to load it onto a truck.
Well, enough for now...I could say that I will try to post more often, but if I'm truly honest, I'm pretty busy right now, and I'll do my best. Family, housework, and packing come first.
Gina
1 comment:
Hey there! This is Juli, Brett's wife. I found your blog and just wanted to say hi. I hope things are going well for you. Congratulations on the third baby girl soon. It has been a long time since we've seen you and the rest of that side of the family. We need to get together!
Post a Comment