Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Oh, say can you see?

2014 marks the 200th anniversary of "The Star Spangled Banner" by Francis Scott Key.  He was a lawyer and amateur poet who wrote the poem that was set to music after seeing Fort McHenry bombarded by the British Navy during the War of 1812.  I had an idea of making a printable "flag" using the lyrics of our national anthem.  I'm not sure if I like it better with the star or without.

In this somewhat difficult time in our nation, where we are divided on almost every issue, my hope is that we will have a return to civility and compassion towards one another.  This is the land of the free, and the home of the brave.  We've got to remember that.




1 comment:

me said...

I like them! I like both, but I think I like the one without the star a little better. As much as I like the star, I find my eyes going straight to the star instead of the words. Most likely due to be solid. Just my opinion mind you. Good job!