Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How Does My Garden Grow?

Last week, I took a few photos of the garden.  I like to go out every morning and check on my "babies", and there are some mornings that I think, "These plants have grown OVERNIGHT!"  It's a lot of satisfying fun, and a great way to spend time with Lucy, who loves to garden with me.


This is the 2nd large dragonfly we've seen this year.

Corn

Beets among the corn

Yellow Crookneck

Clockwise from top: Salad cucumber, zucchini, yellow crookneck, pickling cucumber

Sweet onions

Close-up onions

Tomatoes growing in straw bales  An experiment I may not repeat.

Strawberries

Blueberries

Lavender

Artichokes (in the back) and herbs

My very first bean plant!


Potatoes

Hydrangea

Dianthus?  (The name of this flower just escaped my mind!)

Sugar Snap Peas

Kale


Spinach

I didn't plant this one.  I just love his silhouette.


2 comments:

me said...

Good job growing the goods! I have such a black thumb! I do want to try to grow our own produce when we have yard space.

Gina said...

Thanks! It's been a lot of fun. I notice that as the kids get older, I'm able to do more. I'm also learning how much food can be grown in a small amount of space. It's amazing!