Thursday, January 9, 2014

What a Year! (Gina's Edition)

A LITTLE ABOUT ME
Name: Gina
Age: 35
Favorite color: Turquoise
Favorite food: Homemade Pizza--with LOTS of veggies!
Favorite Activity: Gardening, crochet, papercutting (Scherenscnitte)
Favorite book: The Girl in the Garden (okay, it's not my favorite, but it was the best book I read in 2013!)

HIGHLIGHTS OF 2013
Greatest lesson learned: (and I'm still learning!) Being a good listener doesn't mean I have to solve the problem.  Also, I'm learning not to get sucked into other people's drama.  Nothing terrible, but often what seems like a big deal really isn't.
Hardest thing this year: Staying organized for homeschool.  The planning and preparation isn't difficult (I use a really great curriculum), but things never seem to get put away, filed, or posted.
Favorite memory: Labor Day weekend vacation--just David and me, and camping at Dash Point--no fires (because of a burn ban), but it rained!
What I loved about 2013: Making the choice to homeschool the girls.  I wake up every morning with the happy thought that I get to spend all day with my kids.  My doubts are more about whether or not I'm capable of being a good teacher to them, not about being around them for so long.

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014
Want to learn: to live in the moment, to say 'no' when I really can't take on another project, to let the less important things go.
Want to get better at: hand embroidery, photography, vegetable garden planning, planting, & using the harvest.
Goals for 2014: to take better care of my body, mind, & spirit, to start playing the oboe again, to take more photos of my family this year.

No comments: