Dear Family & Friends,
Merry Christmas! It's traditional for many people to send out a letter at Christmas time telling everyone they know about how wonderful the year was for them, how great their children are, and all of the opportunities, awards, and accolades they received during the past 12 months. I hope that isn't how this letter reads. For me (and the ultimate purpose of this blog), this is a quick and simple way for me to chronicle 2011 in 1,000 words or less.
It sounds cliche, but we really have been blessed this year. David was offered a new job, which he loves, and his boss really likes him and feels that he is an asset to the company. He still works at the movie theater on the weekends, which allows us to go to the movies for free whenever we want, and we think that's pretty awesome! David is a hard worker and he loves us, and we enjoy many good things because of his efforts for us.
We also bought a van, which has given us the ability to travel to exciting destinations such as Great Wolf Lodge (March), Las Vegas (June), the Oregon Coast and Olympic National Forest (August), and Ensign Ranch, Leavenworth, and Cashmere (November). Our children have plenty of room, and are no longer tempted to pull each other's hair or hit each other in the backseat. It's one of those small miracles that we don't take for granted!
All 3 of our daughters are healthy and happy. Lucy recently started attending Girl Scouts, and made her promise on December 10th. She is excited about being involved with her troop, and she is learning some amazing skills and honing her leadership abilities. Amy finished her 1st year of preschool, and over the summer took the early entrance to Kindergarten exam. She's been a Kindergartener for a few months now, and she is doing very well! Sadie is growing up so quickly. I love it. It's fun for me to spend the days with her. Her favorite things to do are play with the dollhouse, read books, and play with Play-Doh.
As for me, I'm still doing the same old stuff. There haven't been any major changes in the way I do laundry or cleaning. But I am becoming more and more interested in photography, and I'm excited to learn new techniques and see what I've learned show up in the photos I take. I have a long way to go, but I think my picture-taking ability gets a little bit better every time I practice.
Merry Christmas to you! May God bless you richly this next year.
Gina



No comments:
Post a Comment