Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Weekend Away--updated with more pictures!

I've been wanting to get out of town for awhile now, and since David had this past weekend off, we packed up the car and headed over mountains.  We stayed in a cabin at Ensign Ranch (in the snow!), the girls rode horses, then we drove to Leavenworth and Cashmere.  I'll let the pictures show you all about our fun (albeit short!) trip.

Excited about sleeping in bunk beds!
Stoking the fire in the morning.

Breakfast!  Oatmeal (for me), and PopTarts (for everybody else).
Lucy sporting the "sno-hawk"

One of the many pictures I took of the beautiful snow.
I took A LOT of pictures of the snowy landscape.  You can see the rest of them here.



Waiting to ride

Baby, it's COLD outside!


Amy & Lucy rode Tia

Sadie rode Harry
At the little park in Cashmere.



I love this picture of Lucy.





We stopped at a little petting farm near Peshastin.  The coolest thing was the little buckets on pulleys.  You put feed into the bucket, pulled the rope to take the bucket up, and when the sheep heard the pulley creaking, they knew to come over the bridge for a treat.

It was a fun weekend, and for the most part, the girls had a blast.  I'm already thinking about where to go next!

1 comment:

me said...

Love it! I loved all your pictures. Lookes like you guys had a blast.