Thursday, December 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dear Sadie! (Updated for Carolyn!)

 Today my baby turned 2.  She smiled and sang along when I sang "Happy Birthday to you!" to her this morning.  What a beautiful, amazing girl I have!  I have had so much fun watching her grow, and I feel very lucky to be able to spend time just with her in the mornings while both of her older sisters are at school.  We are celebrating her birthday on Saturday, so today was pretty low-key.  I'm excited to see her open her presents, eat her cake, and enjoy her day.  I'll post lots of pictures!

UPDATE: Here are the pictures!

Sadie's Party Invitation
I went for a "Farm" theme this year.  Because her birthday is 9 days before Christmas, I feel like she deserves a party that doesn't involve winter, snowmen, penguins, Christmas trees, Santa, etc.

 Sadie got some CUTE gifts!  She received 2 pairs of overalls with pink shirts to go with, a cowgirl hat, and a new Sunday dress that has horses and horseshoes on it.  (No pictures of these, but are you diggin' the "Farm" theme?)  Here are some pictures of a bit of her loot:



  

And the cakes...I was going to try to make my own barn cake with cupcake animals, but really, who was I kidding?  A week or so before Christmas?  Ha ha, good one. 
  
 


Happy Day! 

2 comments:

me said...

Happy Birthday Sadie!

Isn't it nuts how fast time flies? I was always told that kids grew fast and to enjoy it as much as possible, but it wasn't until having them myself that I fully understood what people meant.

Sounds like she had a great day. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

me said...

Well it is about time! She is almost 3 now! JK!

It looks like she had a great Birthday. We have the same problem with Allyson's Birthday being so close to Halloween, and now we have the same problem with Carys too. Totally different themes are a must!

I love the Farm theme! Very cute. Looks like she had a blast and made a good haul of gifts as well.

Good Job Gina!