Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Week of Mini-Milestones

We are celebrating a few exciting things this week!

Miss Lucy
Today is Lucy's last day of Kindergarten!  I took a picture of her on the first day of school, and also this morning.  Look at how much she has grown!

September 2, 2009

June 15, 2010

She has had an amazing year, and I am really grateful to her teacher and all of the supporting staff than made her first year of school a nurturing, positive, and memorable experience.  For a girl who was so unsure and nervous about going to school in the first place, Lucy has learned a lot, and become much more comfortable being a student.

She is, of course, at the top of her class.  She reads extremely well, and all of her schoolwork is done very neatly and accurately.  She has also developed socially, and has many friends within and outside of her class.

I love who she is becoming and what she has accomplished this year.  She amazes me every day and I simply adore her.  Way to go, Lucy!

Amy Jo
Amy doesn't really have a milestone this week, but I just can't leave her out!  I took this picture of her at the park last Saturday evening.  Isn't it beautiful?  Currently, she is my favorite photography subject.


I love this girl.  She lives in the moment, and doesn't let anything get in her way.  (This can sometimes be a difficult thing!)  Everything about her fits who she is--from her name to her curly hair to her preference for bare feet everywhere she goes.  She's wild (in the best sense of the word), carefree, passionate, and free spirited.  It isn't hard to smile when Amy is around.

Sadie P. 
A while ago, I saw a T-shirt that said, "I'm kind of a big deal."  This is totally Sadie.  As the 3rd daughter in a sea of girls, she has no problem making sure she is never forgotten.  If one girl is doing something, she is sure to get in on the action and not be outdone.  In fact, she doesn't allow anyone to ignore her.  For example, In the morning when she wakes up, she likes to have some milk.  She has been saying, "I want milk." for awhile now, but lately, when she gets downstairs in the morning, she says, "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom..." until I answer, "Yes?" and then it switches to, "I want milk, I want milk, I want milk, I want milk, I want milk..." until I say, "Okay."

Sadie's big deal this week is that tomorrow she will be 18 MONTHS OLD.  I can't believe how much time has gone by!  Sadie is just growing by leaps and bounds, and although some people love having a baby around, I definitely love this age.  It's full of fun and frustration, but it's cute to watch them grow and learn.

This is not the best picture of Sadie...we were at the park, her nose was running, and her hair is a mess, but I think it shows how big she is, and that she doesn't have that "baby face" so much anymore!
     

Well, that's all for now.  It's time for me to pick Lucy up from school.  Let summer vacation officially begin!

1 comment:

me said...

Wow you really can see a change in the first and last day of school pictures. So glad that she loved it and is doing so well. That is awesome.

I too like the picture of Amy.

Ally is 19 months and I honestly can't believe it. It has all gone by so stinkin' fast. Good luck with nursery on Sunday.