Saturday, December 20, 2008

Guess Who's Here!

On Tuesday at 5:43 pm, we welcomed another little girl into our family and finally decided to name her Sadie. She's quite the little darling--sleeps well, eats well, and has a generally calm personality. She weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. at birth and measured 19 1/4 in. She's basically a square. But she's a cute square, so we're keeping her.

Lucy and Amy are in love, I think. They are always dying to hold and feed Sadie, and Lucy is chomping at the bit to change a diaper or two. (Which is probably all she'll be willing to change if we set her up with a couple of messy ones.) Both girls have just been awesome.

As far as David and me, we haven't been too sleep-deprived (yet), and we're just so excited to have Sadie. I've had a very easy recovery so far, and I can't wait to get back to "normal" so I can enjoy and keep up with all three of my little ladies. Until then, I'm grateful to have so much help. David has been fabulous about getting Lucy and Amy ready for and into bed, and he takes care of Sadie more often than I do!

Many thanks to all of our family and friends who have been excited for us and have given so much love and support. Thanks to Grandparents P and my sister who took care of Lucy and Amy while we were in the hospital and who help us on a daily basis. I also want to thank David's mom for spending the day at the hospital with me and providing such a calm, comforting influence and easy conversation, as well as a formidable opponent in Wizard (even though we only made it through 7 or 8 rounds). Thanks again to everyone.

Merry Christmas!

Gina

3 comments:

Juli and Brett said...

Congratulations Gina!! Brett and I are very happy for you. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

Anna said...

Wow Gina she looks like you! Very pretty baby. She was almost the same size as my Ty! Keep the pics coming. Im glad you are recovering and feeling well.

Anna said...

We need an update on baby Sadie and life!