Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

It's terrible that I can't keep this blog going. I want everyone to know, though, that my house looks cleaner in the last month and a half, so I'm at least channeling my blogging energy somewhere productive.

There's a lot of time between January 17th and March 4th, so I will try to get all of you caught up as much as possible. Here's what you've missed because I've been lazy about sitting down and gittin' 'er done:
  • We finally figured out that Amy is lactose-intolerant. Who would've figured? So we've got her on lactose-free milk (she can still have cheese and yogurt, HOORAY!), and we've had to switch to the completely-unnatural-made-from-chemicals margarine called Nucoa.

  • Lucy is now 4 years old, and she had 3 parties to celebrate (and didn't really take many pictures...isn't that always the way?). We are partied out for the next little while. But she is already planning her birthdays for the next several years. In fact, just tonight she asked me if I would by her a telescope for her 10th birthday.

  • Amy's new words are: no, milk, help, Daddy here?, more, mine, shoes, socks, hello (in addition to hi), 'night (for going to bed), and if you want a kiss from her you have to ask for a "mwah". She loves to brush her teeth and wash her hands. She is busy, busy, busy, and she always wants to "go bye-bye".

  • Lucy rarely wants to "go bye-bye". I have to offer her some kind of treat (i.e. computer time, or a TV show) to get her out the door. Once she's outside though, she'll stay out for as long as I'm willing to be out there with her and Amy. She is very computer savvy, and can navigate her way to her favorite websites: pbskids.org, nickjr.com, starfall.com, and Playhouse Disney. But she also loves to read books (we read a lot together), work on preschool worksheets, play card games like Go Fish, Old Maid, and Uno, and board games like Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, and Memory.

Okay, so that list was pretty unwieldy, so let's move on to the pictures:



Tomorrow, Lucy has her check-up. More about that soon!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love the updates! I miss your blogging and you! Lucy seems just like the Lucy I remember. Shes a fun kid, and Amy is still cute as ever.