Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Shave & A Haircut...Two Bits!

Before you read this post, please scroll down and check out "Easter Lillies". It's got a few pictures of the girlies in their Easter finery.

This afternoon, I was working on a few things at the computer desk. I was doing some cutting and pasting of pictures (with actual paper, scissors, and glue sticks), and then, when I was finished, I got busy doing some typing. I didn't notice the scissors were missing until Lucy came up to me and I noticed that her hair was shorter on one side than the other. I asked her, "What happened to your hair?" She said, "I don't know." My inner Bill Cosby said, "Was your head with you all day?" In reality, I calmly said, "I'm not mad. Just tell me the truth." You'll hear the whole story from Lucy herself at the end of this post. But as far as her hair goes, I had two alternatives: let her look like Victor-Victoria for a few months, or do my best to even things up and make her hair look like someone other than a 4-year-old cut it with stolen scissors.



Here's a few shots of the whole ordeal:

Lucy's Handiwork


It'll grow back...It'll grow back...It'll grow back




Mom to the rescue!

And now, THE CONFESSION...





7 comments:

Ker said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Poor Gina! Lucy looks so cute with the new haircut, though. SO cute! Good job fixing it.

The video is so funny...Lucy cracks me up. "I know I'm not supposed to, but I really want to..."

Mike Pittman said...

Obviously, this confession was coerced. There was no evidence that she was offered the chance to have a lawyer present. I think she has a good chance for acquittal on appeal.

Grandpa

Gina said...

The legal system in our house is quite different. In addition to Mother, I am also Lawyer, Judge, and Jury. That being said, I think her hair looks really cute. I'm not happy she cut it, but it could look worse.

Anna said...

I love Lucy. I love the confession video. She has her haircut like Maggie now. Ever since having a daughter thats been one of my worst fears, but Maggie has never attempted it yet.

G.Ellis said...

I showed this to my Family Systems class on Sat. using YouTube. They loved it.

Grandpa E.

Anonymous said...

It can get shorter, but it wouldn't looks so cute. I did the same thing to my hair when I was around Lucy's age.

My bangs were poking me in the eyes and my mom was busy with cub scouts or Relief Society so she couldn't cut my hair herself at the moment. So, clever me, I got the idea of doing it myself.

I started with my bangs and finished with the rest of my hair. There were a couple of bald spots and the only untouched lock was a small bit down my back. There was no salvaging it.

My mom didn't get mad either, but I knew that I shouldn't have done it once my mom saw me and my mom says I hid in the closet for a while.

My mom cleaned it up as best as she could but it was shorter than most boy hair cuts. The only good thing was that Halloween was coming. At church, people would see me and give my mom their sympathy.

Aunt Teresa

Kristin said...

Gina, it's Kristin from ye old ephrata! I am cracking up this morning at miss lucy's video! She is so articulate in her speech it is hilarious! I can't believe how much the girls have grown. They're beautiful!