Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Little of Everything

I'm not sure whether I should start with the most recent events first, or back up to where I left off here. I think I'll back up. (Insert repeating beep here.)

Okay.

First on our list, AMY's FIRST BIRTHDAY!

We invited David's mom and dad over, and just had a nice dinner that wasn't too overstimulating for little Amy who was in the middle of a very yucky cold. For dessert, we had pudding pie (1 banana cream, and 1 coconut cream to be exact), and Amy enjoyed her little slice of birthday pie:



After this, she got to do one of her most favorite things--take a bath with Lucy! Not a tremendously exciting celebration for her first year, but I think it was perfect for her.

The other fun thing about Amy's birthday was the Move To The Big Girl Carseat. We first unceremoniously washed the seat cover and belts, and then tried not to swear as we figured out how to put the belts and buckles back in the seat. Lucy got a brand new backless booster seat, and although she isn't 4 yet, she certainly is tall enough to sit in it and not be choked by the seatbelt. So it was a red letter day for both our girls.

Lucy in her new seat:

Amy in her new-to-her seat:

And yesterday (10/2), Amy had her 1 year Well Child Exam. She passed with flying colors. At 29.75 inches long, she is in the 66th percentile. But at only 19 lbs. 4 oz., she is in the 17th percentile for weight. The doctor said this is nothing to worry about, but she should still ride backwards in the car. However, at $80 for a convertible carseat that will only be needed for another 2 weeks or so, I think I'll just slip her a few more ounces of whole milk every day, and add a little red meat to her diet. Not only that, but she was weighed with no clothes. I figure that clothing adds at least 1 pound. She never rides naked in the car. Therefore, I'm keeping her in the forward-facing seat. Bad parenting, or practicality? You make the call. (Just not to CPS.)

Here are two pictures of Lucy that will make you smile (or inwardly shudder):



Finally, a little message from Lucy:

kiiuyyyyyhoh589uuuuuuuuyu7uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu9ou77uuujkyt9iy775 884g000000067076uuuuuuuuuu 5555555555hhhhhhhhhhx56666y6y606hnhn6n6nnny66666ny0y67677 77777787yk966i9060uk76u9i760 9u=0]07==-78]uy[uj;i;ykiokmkuiokk;.

Come and visit again soon!

Gina

No comments: