What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Sunday, February 19, 2017
13
Today I became the mother of a teenager.
I remember bringing her home from the hospital, and although I don't feel as unprepared now as I did then, this is a first for me. (And being a teenager is a first for her too!)
When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she said, "Light pink sheets, a flashlight, a kitten, and I want to watch my first PG-13 movie with you and dad." We couldn't deliver the kitten, but all of her other wishes came true.
We celebrated with family, and just before she went to bed tonight, I asked if I could take her picture. She hesitated, but let me take one anyway. (Because she loves me.)
It's been a great ride so far, and I'm looking forward to all that the future holds for us.
I love this girl. She is awesome and beautiful. Happy Birthday, Goosey-Loo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment