And I haven't been twiddling my thumbs.
I've accomplished a lot:
- built 4 raised garden beds (and have materials for 2 more), planted snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, celery, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, radishes, and potatoes, and will be planting zucchini, cantaloupe, pumpkins, beets, and rutabega.
- cleared flower beds, cut straight borders, organized the shed and garden tools, cut back blackberry vines, etc.
- helped prep and paint the living room, dining room, and Ben's room.
- found curriculum for next school year, and made some tentative summer plans
And I recently was offered the opportunity to work with someone I know in a handyman business. The work isn't steady, which works perfectly with my schedule, but I've already worked on one project, with at least one more coming up.
My life is full and happy. I just don't have time to blog about it!
I also have a lot of opinions on various topics. I have almost learned to not share my opinion on Facebook--it only serves to offend people. I haven't wanted to share them all here, because this is supposed to be more of a family journal than a place to vent my frustration and strong opinions on various topics such as the decline of civilized society, poor manners, the negative influences children are observing as part of "the new normal", and a lack of respect and courtesy not just in the world, but at church as well. (One could argue that all 4 of these are really just different starting points of the same issue.)
But enough on that.
The girls are doing well. I think the 4 of us are more than ready for summer vacation...summer means relaxing, reading, eating outside, movies, camping, road trips, and afternoons at the spray-ground. 14 more school days...14 more school days...14 more school days...
In the meantime, we've started the Little House books as our nighttime reading. I much prefer reading an entire chapter of "Little House in the Big Woods" than 3 or 4 shorter books. I've declared a moratorium on "Pinkalicious" and all of its other incarnations. Pure twaddle, that. I want my girls to hear stories about strong, independent, talented young women who have common sense. Not a whiny brat who eats too many cupcakes (despite a warning and charge from her parents to not) and then celebrates her disobedience by shouting about how wonderfully pink she looks and leaping around the house like a hooligan. Can you tell I don't love that book? What gave it away?
It is now 10:35, and I am tired. If I keep writing, I will begin to ramble. (Begin? Ha!)
I've always ended my posts by typing "More soon.". In reality, I should end with
I make no guarantees.
G
No comments:
Post a Comment