Thursday, September 29, 2011

Updated! 10/22/11

Here's a list of all the things that have been going on and keeping me from blogging:
  1. gardening: The weather has gotten rainy.  Mom and I finished up planting whatever other perennials we had left.  Now we have to wait for it to dry out again so we can mow the crappy grass one last time.  Next year's goal: get better grass. 
  2. school starting
  3. school cancelled
  4. school starting again: The kids have been back in school for about 3 weeks, I think.  Things are humming right along.  Amy is doing well in Kindergarten, and Lucy is a super-reader.  Her teacher adores her and sees so much potential in her.  Love it!
  5. laundry
  6. Amy's birthday: Went well!  We had it at the park...hot dogs, watermelon, cupcakes, and playground equipment.  What could be better than that?
  7. crocheting: I've gotten back into this, and I'm enjoying it to the max!  I'm making ponchos for the girls for Christmas, and hopefully hats to go with them.  I'm also working on flower hair clips that look like this, except mine are cuter.  :)
  8. laundry
  9. stomach flu (victims in order: Lucy, Sadie, me, Grandma, Grandpa, Amy): David did finally succumb about a week later (he procrastinates on EVERYTHING!!!), but he seemed to be okay after a day or two.  We are finally all healthy, minus the MRSA saga of last week.  (More on that later.)
  10. laundry
So now that all but #5, #8, and #10 have come and gone (and I think there's still some #1 to be done), I should have more time for blogging.  In the meantime, I'll post a photo collage that I made recently.  You can save it to your computer and print it as a 5x7.  I love the quote which was shared by my bonus sister, Brianna.  More soon, really.

2 comments:

me said...

YAY a new post, though I'm not too excited to hear about the stomach flu. I read on facebook that it was going around your house. That is the worse thing ever to "share." I do however would love to hear about all the laundry and how the girls are doing in school.

me said...

By the way, David never got the stomach bug? How is that remotely fair?