Thursday, August 18, 2011

Herding Cats

This video (aside from the company identification) pretty much sums up my experience as a mother.  In fact, when I watch this commercial and replace the words "herding cats" with "parenting", it makes it even funnier to me.


Today, the task of raising my 3 daughters makes me want to do something drastic, and possibly involving a cheesecake.  I'm not sure how 3 small children can make the noise, mess, and work of "10,000 half-wild short hairs", but somehow, mine do.

I really connect with the guy who says, "I got this one this morning--right here, and if you look at his face...it's just ripped to shreds, ya know?" and also the one who is using a lint roller on his arm sling.

I've grown weary of the incessant arguing, yelling, namecalling, crying fake tears, and whining that is currently plaguing our family.  (You'd think this was Congress!)  David works hard and really loves both his jobs, but I can't help feeling a little jealous that he gets to escape before the girls wake up in the morning, and arrives home about 2 hours before they go to bed.  He is one lucky dog.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I hear ya, plus I agree 100%.
Get tough and take a stand NOW before you include the title of "Family Doormat" to your job description.

I mean it.

Gina said...

Nice pep talk I gave myself, huh? My mom needs her own profile. :)

me said...

I can't agree more! With both your post and "Your own Pep talk!" :) They are many days that I am so close to losing my mind. I love spending time with my kiddos but there are days that I miss the Pharmacy too. Meaning working in the pharmacy not getting drugs for being crazy! :)