Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back-to-School Countdown

We have about 43 hours left until the first day of school!  This year is pretty exciting for me because I have Lucy in 1st grade, my niece, Aiyanna, in Kindergarten, and Amy will start preschool in October--all at the same elementary school which is about 3 blocks from the house.  LOVE IT!

I also love this time of year...the weather starting to cool down, the smell of freshly sharpened pencils, the perfectly shaped tips of new crayons, the hustle and bustle of the mornings--I could go on and on!

My list of things that have to get done before September 2nd is dwindling as well:

Purchase supplies.  Check.  (A big THANK YOU to Aunt Dee Dee.)
New school uniforms.  Check.
Fill out necessary forms.  Check.
Back-to-School BBQ.  Tomorrow!

Lucy and Aiyanna will get to meet their teachers, see their classrooms, and drop off their school supplies.

I think we're just about ready!

On a related note:

Sunday afternoon, Grandpa P and I took Lucy and Aiyanna out to take some pictures.  I don't purchase the school picture packages (partly because they are so darn expensive, and partly because I'm not a big fan of the mass-produced portrait look), so I take portraits of my girls myself.  Take a look at a few of Lucy and Aiyanna:



3 comments:

me said...

LOVE all the pictures! They look great. Much better then the posed, blue background generic school shots. Good luck getting all the girls ready and settled this week and next month!

Braden said...

Great pictures! Well composed with good lighting and just enough spontaneity to look extremely natural. Very well done, and holy molybdenum, does Lucy look old!

Anna said...

Wow where did the little Lucy go? Beautiful