Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Is On Its Way!

A couple of days ago, David, the girls, and I walked a couple of blocks over to the "magic garden" in our neighborhood.  It's a beauitful garden that is maintained by a retired dentist who lives right across the street.  He bought the empty lot many years ago, and has cultivated a wonderful place with little pathways, hidden places to sit, and a small patio for picnicking.  He invites everyone in the neighborhood to come and enjoy it.

I took some pictures of the beautiful early spring flowers that have popped up there.  Aren't the colors magnificent?


I think these really are amazing.  But the most beautiful flowers I took a picture of are these ones:


They are, by far, my absolute favorites!  Each is very different from the others, and they are beautiful individually.  But put them together, and it's a stunning bouquet!

Scroll down for one more post.

5 comments:

me said...

Love the pictures they are gorgeous. Love the one with the girls. You are right by saying they are different, I only know the differences by looks and what I hear from you. Who do you get told they look like. You, David, both?

Juli and Brett said...

That picture is soooo adorable!!!! I love the smile on Amy's face and her curls! We need to get together sometime! I would love to see all of you again.

Anonymous said...

Nice set of kids you got there...;-)

Gina said...

Aren't they? They were outside on someone's lawn with a "FREE" sign stuck on them.

Gina said...

Carolyn: Most people say Lucy looks like a combination of David and me, Amy looks like David, and Sadie looks like me.

Juli: I miss you guys! We do need to get together soon. Now that the weather is nicer it would be fun to do something outside.