I'm trying something new here, and hoping I can post at least once a week. Since David works most Friday and/or Saturday nights, I can probably get something written after the kids go to bed. So here goes!
This week seemed to go by really fast. On Monday I volunteered in Lucy's classroom in the afternoon. This is the second week I've gone, and I really enjoy it. There are some really nice kids in her class. The teacher has had me work with them on number recognition to 31, and the sight words from their reading lessons. There are a couple of kids that crack me up when I bring them out in the hall to work with them. One kid, if he doesn't know the answer just guesses. It goes something like this:
Me: (holds up a number flash card)
Kid: 57?
Me: No, it's 13. Good try. (holds up next flash card)
Kid: 35?
Me: Uh, no, it's 27. You're close! (holds up next flash card)
Kid: 18?
Me: Yes! Good job! You've got it! (holds up next flash card)
Kid: 18?
Me: Well, no, this is 30.
Tuesday and Wednesday were a blur. My sister ended up with the flu, so on Wednesday I spent most of the morning in the car. How "soccer mom" of me, huh? After all of our morning stuff, I got Lucy to school, took my sister's little girl to preschool, went to my sister's house, picked up her prescription, dropped it off at the pharmacy, went to Target to pick up stuff for her, stuff for me, and stuff for my mom, went back to the pharmacy, picked up her medicine, went home for about half an hour, got back in the car, dropped off my sister's meds and her Target stuff, picked up her little girl from preschool, came home, made lunch for everyone, and got them all down for naps by 1:00. I am superwoman! I spent the rest of the day catching up on laundry, dishes, and other housework, and that night we went down to visit David's parents for the evening. We came home, got the girls to bed, and I managed to catch about 2 minutes of whatever it was we turned on before I fell asleep. Even though I felt like I accomplished a lot, I'm glad every day isn't quite like that.
Thursday night David and I got to go out on a real date! No kids with us, no waiting until they go to bed before we leave, no calling home to check on them. Gramma and Grampa P are AWESOME. We checked out this cute little burger place, and we will definitely be going back. Everything is a la carte, but the prices aren't outrageous, and the burgers were fabulous. Every possible topping you could ever want to put on a burger is available, and all free of charge. The fries were hand cut, and twice fried. YUM. Then we went to see "Where The Wild Things Are". I thought it would be more appropriate for kids, but I was way wrong on that. I'm glad we didn't take Lucy. It was a little dark for my taste, and I ended up feeling weird after it was over. David did too, I think, because we got home and into bed and he said, "Let's watch something funny."
That brings us to Friday night, and I'm sitting here typing this and listening to the rain pattering on the roof. What a soothing sound. Tomorrow morning, my mom and I are headed over to the Celtic Festival at St. Andrews church. I love celtic music (the ancient stuff...not Enya, or whatever her name is), and I know there will be food. I am all about the food. Then in the afternoon, Lucy and I are headed to the practice for the Primary program on Sunday.
Life seems much more exciting when I take the time to write it down. Even mentioning that I am caught up on laundry...washed, folded, AND put away, I might add, is very interesting. To me, anyway. For now, I'll end here, and curl up under the covers with the book I'm currently reading: "Raising Demons" by Shirley Jackson.
Goodnight!
4 comments:
Gina! You are superwoman? Do you do it all with leggings and a cap? That would have great to see!
I had heard that about "Where the Wild Things Are", so I don't think Jared will be watching that anytime soon. Glad you were able to go out on a date though. AWESOME!
Good luck with you daily doings today!
I would probably be more efficient if I had the leggings and cape. But what would really make me awesome are the underwear worn as outerwear. It doesn't get any better than that. :)
Ha ha ha ha ha! That's a picture that I will keep in my mind.
Awesome!
I just shake my head and chuckle reading your flashcard story. Kids! At least TRY!!!
Post a Comment