Well, I missed posting last week's review, but in fairness, I think it was a pretty lackluster week. Not much happened, and if it did, it was so fleeting I don't even remember it. We had a few pretty cool highlights this week though!
Last Saturday, my mom and I headed up to IKEA. I love that place. I wish I had some tiny European apartment that I could fill up with all of the cool things I see at IKEA. From kitchen cabinets to pull-out sofas, I could really make the place look awesome. I don't really want to live in Europe, I just want to decorate with stuff from IKEA.
Every time I walk into the bathroom in this house, I think, "This room needs some paint, a towel bar or two, better light fixtures, and some more efficient storage. And the toilet seat doesn't really fit anyone's bottom." (No offense to the bathroom in question.) To me, the way the bathroom is laid out, and the shower surround that is already there would lend itself very well to the "hotel luxe" style. I have a beautiful vision in my head of how it could look. But honestly, if I tried to recreate this on my own, it would end up looking more like the airport Ho-Jo than The Plaza.
But I digress.
Sunday was hectic, as usual, and we arrived for church about half an hour late. It worked out well though, because the entire 3 hours just seemed to fly right by. My Sharing Time went well, and was well received by all the kids. Lucy was asked to give a talk the following Sunday (the 22nd), and Amy jumped in a huge puddle, and then cried, "My dress is WET!"
Monday morning Amy was supposed to have had an appointment for her 2nd H1N1 vaccine dose. We arrived on time, and I was told that the office called on Friday to cancel Amy's appointment because they didn't have enough vaccines to give the 2nd doses to any of their patients. "Okay, fine. So do you have the regular flu vaccine available, because you guys didn't have that one in October when she was here for her check-up." Well, fortunately, they did. And they were even able to give Sadie her second flu vaccine shot. As far as the swine flu vaccine issue, apparently my 2 older girls are partially covered. Sadie is not at all because they don't have the H1N1 injection available. "Maybe next week." I was told. Yeah, no thanks. I should have gone with my original gut feeling and skipped out on that one. What a hoax.
Tuesday and Wednesday were a blur...I don't even remember those two days. On Thursday, David and I woke up bright and early at 5 AM (meaning, I jumped up at 5, and had to nudge-nudge-nudge-push David out of bed) to get ready for his apprenticeship exam for Puget Sound Energy up in Bellevue. He left at 5:30 to get there in time to register at 7. We'll find out his results in a month. He has another exam with Bonneville Power on December 5th in Portland (and has to register at the same time--7AM), so we booked him a room in Beaverton for the night before. Thank you, Priceline, for finding a $25 room! (Plus almost $11 in extra fees...oh well!) It's one of those extended-stay hotels, where they only clean the room every 7 days regardless of how many people sleep in there in any given 7-day period. (I think that's how it works.) I told David, "At the very least, PLEASE remember to ask for some fresh towels! Better yet, take your own. And take your own pillow."
On Friday, Lucy received the Kiwanis Terrific Kids award. She was one of three in her class, and her teacher said she gave Lucy the award because Lucy is her special helper. I must say, she is helpful at home too! I think getting this award made Lucy feel really good about herself.
Today was Saturday again, and we took the girls on a bike ride this morning, then I went out to lunch with my mom (Engine House, I LOVE YOU). Stayed inside the rest of the day because it was chilly and sprinkling off and on. Tonight I had to go out for more Amy milk (read: lactose-free), and found a cute dress for her for Christmas...it was only $3.24!
Now, I am off to bed. Sunday morning comes way too early, and it's back to the grind. Pictures coming soon!
2 comments:
My kids are covered at all with either Flu! I just hope and pray nothing happens.
Is Amy lactose intolerant? That has to be the pits!
I love Ikea too. Everytime I go there I wish I had all the money in the world and equally important the skills to make our house look nice with the purchases!
I think my kids could have gotten by without either flu vaccine...they are generally very healthy. We eat a pretty balanced diet, and we take a multi-vitamin every day. (I even take the same ones my kids take.) We are major hand-washers as well. But I guess some protection is better than none, especially with Lucy in school and all the germs there.
Yes, Amy is lactose intolerant. It's not as bad as some other things...before we knew what was going on, we were worried that she had Celiac disease. The symptoms were frighteningly similar. Now that she is a little older, she is able to digest small amounts of foods containing milk (granola bars, pancakes made with buttermilk, a few goldfish crackers), and can occasionally have a small scoop of regular ice cream with no problems.
My other favorite thing at Ikea is the food. I LOVE meatballs and lingonberries! And I love to try a different dessert whenever I go. And that lingonberry drink they have...YUM.
Post a Comment